Coffee Shop Manager, Two Many Cooks
Two Many Cooks, a Surrey based catering company with a gorgeous Coffee Shop in the heart of Dorking, are looking for someone energetic, self-motivated and community-minded who will be able to embody the ethos of Two Many Cooks.
You must be friendly, attentive and detail-orientated. Management experience in retail or hospitality is preferred.
This is a full time position with weekend work.
Grill Chef (2 Positions), Tikka Nation
Tikka Nation is an exciting new brand on the high street that is expanding rapidly. As a chef at Tikka Nation — Dorking, you will master our menu, with your food being the reason guests keep coming through our doors! You’ll thrive in a fast-paced service, pulling together as a team, because it’s the people that make it all worthwhile.
We add a special touch to every occasion. Our food and recipes are simple to cook and full training will be provided even if you have never cooked Indian before. If you fancy yourself as a perfectionist, we want to hear from you.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- An excellent career path in a growing brand
- We invest in people and our employees are our family members who go on to become owners of Tikka Nation too
- Never a dull moment – fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
- Flexible shifts – to fit around the other important things in life
- On top of this, we offer 21 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts and much more
WHAT WILL I BE DOING? AS A CHEF YOU’LL…
- Be a champion of brand standards
- Keep your kitchen clean
- Prepare everything that is needed before a busy shift
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and safety
- Cook to spec and know the menu inside out
WHAT DO I NEED?
- It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect dish, and our teams are no different. You’ll…
- Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
- Have a great eye for detail
- Be super organised
- Be a team player
Expected start date: 25/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.50 – £11.00 PH
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Restaurant Manager (1 Position), Tikka Nation
An Assistant Restaurant Manager is required in the area of Dorking, Surrey for a superb new Fast Casual Indian restaurant opening soon.
This is a great chance for an enthusiastic and forward thinking Assistant restaurant manager to be a part of this close knit team.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary up to £26,000
- 5 shifts per week
- Family feel to the team and restaurant
- Employee incentives
- Pension scheme
The ideal Assistant Restaurant Manager would have experience within a Restaurant
However, we are looking for a can-do attitude, excellent presentation and the ability to multitask.
Sharing the same passion for exceeding customers’ expectations and going the extra mile is a huge part of the clients ethos.
Providing excellent service to our guests, working well as part of the team including both the front and back of house.
Running the front of house effectively and efficiently, in a tidy and organised manner, to ensure a smooth pleasurable service for all.
Responsible for the management of all SOP’s. They must be followed, updated and developed at all times.
Keep a watchful eye on daily/weekly covers and the rota. You will be responsible for assisting in writing these rotas and are expected to carry out regular weekly checks and updates.
Covering for the Restaurant Manager during days off and annual leave.
Reporting, 1-2-1’s and training sessions are key.
Some HR & Payroll tasks by way of cover.
Expected start date: 05/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
Send your CV to email@example.com
Marketing Assistant (Part-Time / Flexible)
A BID, or ‘Business Improvement District’, is a defined geographic area within which businesses opt (via a ballot) to provide services for their business community to support improvements to the overall trading environment in which they all operate.
Working for the Dorking BID, the Marketing Assistant will report into the BID Manager and play an important role in supporting the promotion of Dorking as a place to visit, shop and explore, as well as supporting town centre businesses with the growth of the local economy.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
Handling enquiries from local businesses
Collating information to add to the Dorking Town Partnership website (no specific website skills needed as the information will be uploaded by a third party)
Spreadsheet work – Collecting information from businesses and adding to Excel
– Adding information to the Market spreadsheet
Liaising with stall holders for monthly markets (Dorking Artisan Market and Dorking Decorative Vintage Brocante)
Organising marketing collateral to be printed
Arranging promotional a-boards around the town
Helping at events, including monthly markets
Handing out flyers to shops and businesses in the town
Organising networking meetings and information for the local businesses
General administrative tasks in support of the BID Manager
The part-time role will be on a freelance basis, working remotely and in town for 2 hours per day (Monday – Friday). The hours can be worked flexibly during office hours. Please note that weekend event work will be required for the monthly markets that take place on special Sundays.
Well organised and good attention to detail
Strong people skills and communication
Experience with using Excel spreadsheets and comfortable with collating figures
Able to work flexibly from home and attend events where required
An understanding of, and a love for, Dorking as a destination
If you would like to apply for the Marketing Assistant role, please email your CV and covering letter to Dorking Bid Manager, Charlotte Whitaker, on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 16th July.
Social Media Manager
Dorking Town Partnership are looking for their next Social Media Manager to create, organise, and manage their brand campaigns. This is an exciting venture for your next step in social media management as you’ll be representing the Business Improvement District within Dorking. This is a part-time role, we estimate 2 hours a day, 10 hours a week flexible working.
Are you a whizz with communications? Do you think outside-the-box in regards to problem solving? Are you content driven and can effectively create and execute cutting-edge social media campaigns? Do you have great ideas when it comes to the promotion of local businesses on social media? Dorking Town Partnership wants to hear from you!
- Creating and executing social media campaigns in-line with the company’s social media strategy.
- Maximise promotions, events and activities via the relevant social media channels engaging with the appropriate stakeholders, customers and visitors to maximise awareness and participation.
- Creating and executing MailChimp e-marketing campaigns to support communications on a B2B and B2C basis.
- Writing captivating blog articles to engage broad range of audiences.
- Analysing website analytics to help drive digital footfall on website.
- Help support and promote Dorking Town Partnership’s monthly market.
- Track and improve on analytics for social media, e marketing, and website.
- B2B and B2C marketing experience.
- Experience in social media marketing (2+ years minimum).
- Photo editing skills.
- Experience with MailChimp with a high-level of understanding of GDPR compliance.
- Copywriting skills for a diverse range of topics.
- Experience with paid advertising campaigns on social media.
- Able to produce weekly analytics reports comprehensible for the board of Directors.
- Experience and understanding of Google Analytics.
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms.
- Can-do, positive attitude.
- Proactive and responsive.
- Flexible working hours.
- Flawless spelling and grammar.
- Able to jump in with existing campaigns whilst developing others.
Do you think you have the above? Please send your CV and covering letter to Charlotte Whitaker, Dorking Town Partnership Manager, on email@example.com.
Closing date of entry is 31st May.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Dorking Museum’s Collection Care Team is looking to recruit a volunteer Curator to take over an existing role. The Museum has a large and varied collection of artefacts that represent all aspects of the history and heritage of the Dorking area. These range from the prehistoric to the modern and from large to very small items, many of which require careful research, handling and storage. The team ensures that the Museum’s collection is stored, interpreted, and preserved to relevant standards and that objects are understood through exhibitions, publications, events and presentations.
The volunteer Curator role requires someone who is enthusiastic and has good communication skills. They should be willing to learn about museum databases and procedures while having a good understanding of the IT needed. The role involves identifying and recording items, dealing with quarantine and storage, organising loans and dealing with enquiries. The team works closely with colleagues in archives, education, exhibitions, fundraising and marketing, whilst advising Visitor Assistants on object handling and procedure. In addition, they may conduct research, and help to train the Museum’s volunteers and Visitor Assistants.
Training for the role will be given, but an understanding and appreciation of the curatorial role and museum environment is an asset.
DORKING MUSEUM, 62 West St. Dorking, RH4 1BS
Closing date of application N/A
Send covering letter and CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Curator Role