Welcome to the Dorking BID!
Hello from Miss Information, the new campaign we have started that we hope will be helpful to our community.
Dorking is located in the heart of the Surrey Hills and is a key launchpad into the global market or to a farmer’s market, with easy links to London and abroad via London Gatwick. With a stable business climate, a dynamic and diverse talent pool, an independent and entrepreneurial mindset, and an enviable work-life balance that is one of the best in the world. The Guardian has called Dorking “perfect if you’re looking for the easy life“.
We are here to make a difference for our levy payers -- whom we proudly serve -- and for all of Dorking.
What the BID Does Do
- We act as a single source to advocate for, represent, and help levy payers. We are dedicated to delivering on the BID's goals and improving the management of the town centre, to boost its potential and safeguard its future.
- We take a collaborative approach to build community. We develop impactful events, creative campaigns, and integrated communications to promote Dorking locally, regionally, nationally and internationally to attract visitors to the town. We use our Hello Dorking channels to broadcast the Dorking's offerings and attractions, and encourage our community to be our brand champions, sharing what they love about the place.
- We are dedicated to the economic prosperity of Dorking and support building resilience in Dorking on a day-to-day basis by working on a variety of topics, to include traffic and access issues. By delivering projects that put people at the heart of our work, we will attract investment and remind us all of the talent that exists locally. We inspire town pride, making it a cleaner, greener and a more attractive place to invest, live, work and thrive.
- We invest in building strong relationships, working in collaboration with community parters to challenge and raise awareness about the issues that matter most to protecting our market town, our BID businesses, community partners and visitors, both day and night. We also ensure good governance, financial management and compliance.
What the BID Does Not Do
- Set business rates (these are set by central government)
- Collect business rates (this is done by local government)
- Collect the bid levy (local government also does this)
Need help with your BID bill or have questions about business rates?
Contact the MVDC Business Support Team or call the Accounts Line at 01306 879 293.
Join the BID
Join the hundreds of BID businesses in our thriving ecosystem. We are composed of corporations, professional services firms, innovative start-ups, entrepreneurs, award-winning chefs and sustainability champions. Our Business Improvement District works to promote the town, creating opportunities for us all, hosting impactful events like our DorKing Coronation on 8th May, and driving forward economic prosperity for Dorking.
The Dorking Town Partnership is led by a board of local businesses. The board guides the BID throughout its 5-year term. If you would like to join the BID board, learn more about the team and reach out to Kathy, your BID Manager, about joining.
Become a Volunteer Levy Payer
We have already had four new voluntary members join in the past week. Joining is easy. Contact Kathy with any questions.
As always, our Suggestion Box is available to you if you would like to provide feedback.
Would you like to join the Dorking Town Partnership?
Dorking is a unique market town steeped in heritage and culture. We are here to showcase the charm and appeal of Dorking, and champion our town as a destination for shops, food, professional services, hikes, cycling adventures and more.
We are here to be your advocate, to raise the profile of our town, and to collaborate with our community to achieve our goals. The BID are a group of positive local businesses who strive to deliver impactful and innovative projects, that address BID business priorities and deliver the best value for money from the BID levy that is entrusted to us.
We believe in local.
Local people, local passions, local business, local success. We believe that by working together we can achieve more, and with the help of our members and our local community, that’s exactly what we aim to do. Dorking is undeniably unique – where else can you discover history, culture and spirit at every turn, all the while with the stunning Surrey Hills as a backdrop?
We want to hear from you. We are here to make a difference for our levy payers, whom we proudly serve, and for all of Dorking. We work collaboratively to help get our Dorking community the recognition and status it deserves. Will you join us?
Become a Volunteer Levy Payer today and join the Dorking BID!
Complete the form online or download the form below, sign and return to Kathy.
Any questions? Contact Kathy, BID Manager, at any time.