Holly Tucker is searching for the best independent high streets to become #HollysHighStreet.
Has Dorking got what it takes to be Holly Tucker's best independent high street?
Let’s Think BIG and Shop Small and show the UK what shopping small is all about. UK small businesses generate £1.6Trillion for the economy and employ 16 million people, yet studies show 92% of businesses don't feel seen. Let's change that!
Holly Tucker is a British entrepreneur and UK Ambassador for creative small businesses. She’s running a campaign to champion small businesses this UK Indie Day.
The winning high street will receive:
- Exclusive ‘Flying the flag for small businesses’ flags to adorn the outside of their shops and to encourage customers to shop small on Shop Independent Day and beyond
- Exclusive Holly & Co goody bags for all participating shops
- Marketing support from Holly & Co. They will be featured across Holly's Instagram, email, and the Holly & Co website with a dedicated blog post about all of the brilliant shops on our high street
- Holly’s High Street Ambassador will also receive a £100 gift voucher to spend on small businesses
All we have to do – all of us – residents, community partners, businesses, everyone who loves Dorking – and we know there are so many of you in our community – is to share on Instagram what makes our high street special…
1️⃣ Use the tag #HollysHighStreet
2️⃣ Tag @hollytucker and @hellodorking and we will promote on our channels
3️⃣ Share what makes Dorking special
🗓️ By midnight on Sunday 18th June at Midnight
Here are some ideas - share photos, personal stories, reels – get creative and tell our story.
- Tell Holly what unique products or services make Dorking stand out!
- Take a photo with one of Holly’s posters and share what you love most about Dorking’s businesses and our community.
- Share a testimonial from your favourite shops and experiences. Dinner and opera in a tipi? Yes please!
- Share a snapshot of your favourite shop window — @samtmart 🤗anyone??
- How about Dorking’s Heritage, Culture and Spirit and how our indie shops make our high street unique.
- How does Dorking foster a sense of community and connection?
- Share how Dorking has something for everyone! Art, music, foodies, history, award winning shops, farm to table markets, footie, a winery — even underground caves.
- Who offers unique and personalised experiences? Shout about them! Share the love!
- Tell @hollytucker why Dorking is the best example of small businesses in the UK
If you don't have an Instagram account, create your content on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, tag us at Hello Dorking and we will share it on your behalf.
💡Download Holly’s posters and assets from our link in bio and get creative! Use the overlays on your business photos, share campaign messaging and get creative!
Tag, tag, tag @HollyTucker and @HelloDorking. We will share all of your posts. Do you need help? Contact your BID Team and we will help you!
(All artwork credit: Flora Fricker)