Want to influence the future of our high street?
Join one of our Dorking BID Committees and help us make a difference for our businesses, our community and for each other. We have created four committees, led by businesses and composed of fellow BID businesses, residents, and community organisations. When we collaborate and work together, we create a better and brighter future for Dorking.
Marketing and PR
We are actively working on our events, digital, PR and marketing efforts to drive footfall to our high street. This committee touches on all of these activities.
Sustainability and Safety
This committee will focus on town beautification, policing and sustainability plans. Join this team to help us look forward and position Dorking as a safe, clean and sustainable heart of the Surrey Hills.
This committee informs our visitor, retail and night time economy.
This committee looks after infrastructure, traffic, parking, and banking issues. We are actively working on 'Future Dorking' with our community partners to address parking, traffic management and to future proof Dorking.
Express your interest by emailing us at email@example.com or by completing this form.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the time commitment?
- This is at the discretion of the Committee once formed.
- We don't imagine this will be more than one meeting every other month or once per month, depending on the Committee.
What will we work on?
- Each Committee will collaborate on different projects, from town beautification to sustainability, to public safety and infrastructure to music festivals and Christmas! What's important is BID Members get involved and help drive the future of the Business Improvement District.
- Committees are led by BID Members and supported by the BID team. We have found that by involving our community partners, we have even more engaging, collaborative and exciting events. We hope you'll join in!
When/how will we meet?
- This is at the discretion of the Committee, once formed.
Image: Flowers - Dorking Camera Club