Miss Information - We are here to support you.
Welcome to the Dorking BID!
Hello from Miss Information, the new campaign we have started that we hope will be helpful to our community.
Dorking is located in the heart of the Surrey Hills and is a key launchpad into the global market or to a farmer’s market, with easy links to London and abroad via London Gatwick. With a stable business climate, a dynamic and diverse talent pool, an independent and entrepreneurial mindset, and an enviable work-life balance that is one of the best in the world. The Guardian has called Dorking “perfect if you’re looking for the easy life“.
We are here to make a difference for our levy payers -- whom we proudly serve -- and for all of Dorking.
What the BID Does Do
- We act as a single source to advocate for, represent, and help levy payers. We are dedicated to delivering on the BID's goals and improving the management of the town centre, to boost its potential and safeguard its future.
- We take a collaborative approach to build community. We develop impactful events, creative campaigns, and integrated communications to promote Dorking locally, regionally, nationally and internationally to attract visitors to the town. We use our Hello Dorking channels to broadcast the Dorking's offerings and attractions, and encourage our community to be our brand champions, sharing what they love about the place.
- We are dedicated to the economic prosperity of Dorking and support building resilience in Dorking on a day-to-day basis by working on a variety of topics, to include traffic and access issues. By delivering projects that put people at the heart of our work, we will attract investment and remind us all of the talent that exists locally. We inspire town pride, making it a cleaner, greener and a more attractive place to invest, live, work and thrive.
- We invest in building strong relationships, working in collaboration with community parters to challenge and raise awareness about the issues that matter most to protecting our market town, our BID businesses, community partners and visitors, both day and night. We also ensure good governance, financial management and compliance.
What the BID Does Not Do
- Set business rates (these are set by central government)
- Collect business rates (this is done by local government)
- Collect the bid levy (local government also does this)
Need help with your BID bill or have questions about business rates?
Contact the MVDC Business Support Team or call the Accounts Line at 01306 879 293.
Join the BID
Join the hundreds of BID businesses in our thriving ecosystem. We are composed of corporations, professional services firms, innovative start-ups, entrepreneurs, award-winning chefs and sustainability champions. Our Business Improvement District works to promote the town, creating opportunities for us all, hosting impactful events like our DorKing Coronation on 8th May, and driving forward economic prosperity for Dorking.
The Dorking Town Partnership is led by a board of local businesses. The board guides the BID throughout its 5-year term. If you would like to join the BID board, learn more about the team and reach out to Kathy, your BID Manager, about joining.
Become a Volunteer Levy Payer
We have already had four new voluntary members join in the past week. Joining is easy. Contact Kathy with any questions.
As always, our Suggestion Box is available to you if you would like to provide feedback.