Sign up for Exclusive Updates and Offers!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive exclusive updates and offers on DorkingLoyalFree, Dorking Halls shows, dining attractions and more.
HelloDorking deliver the best of Dorking right to your inbox!
What the BID does for Dorking
The Dorking Town Partnership has been operational since December 2022. (The first BID term lasted from 2017 - 2022.)
While we are governed by Terms of Reference and Articles of Association, our purpose is straightforward: to support a community of levy-paying businesses - whom we call BID Members - with strategic and tactical initiatives which will drive long-term prosperity across the town.
We do this by listening, understanding, co-operating, and taking action.
We listen to the concerns and ideas that our BID Members put forward, and act on their feedback on the work that we do. We balance that feedback, working through our board and our sub-committees, to best reflect the needs of the town, and to keep moving forward.
Understanding the context of doing business today – Brexit, new technology, and the evolution of high street are all having an enormous effect on the way we live. These are often national or global trends that we must evolve to meet, so that we can promote changes that will work for Dorking’s businesses, its residents, and the town’s many visitors.
Cooperation and collaboration, innovation and creativity enables the BID to get things done. We work closely with our community partners, business partners, and Mole Valley District Council, supporting its business-friendly initiatives and keeping the council in touch with the town’s commercial community. We also work with other governmental bodies, BID associations, landlords and national retailers, seeking to ensure that Dorking benefits from broader opportunities and ideas.
Taking action quickly and decisively is essential. In a fast-changing business environment, we have the flexibility in decision-making to drive changes in a way that will work best for the business community in Dorking.
Since the Dorking Town Partnership was relaunched in 2022, our core actions have included:
- Supporting, promoting and empowering our existing businesses;
- Focusing our efforts on strategic events that will make a meaningful impact for the town and the business community;
- Attracting new innovative businesses that complement our high street offering; and
- Creating a safe, welcoming environment that attracts inward investment and visitors to Dorking.
The Dorking BID is utilising a four-pillar approach to execute its business plan:
- Community building using digital and tech innovation;
- Implementing creative campaigns;
- Developing consultative and community-driven placemaking programmes; and
- Providing outcomes-driven business support and training.
Our strategy may overlap in areas, but each pillar has distinct projects and initiatives designed to achieve our goals of:
- Raising the profile of Dorking
- Increasing inward investment
- Building pride of place
- Rejuvenating our town and economic prospects
Read our updated Business Plan (2022 - 2027), which reflects our collaborative and innovative way of working.
AGM - Wednesday, 26th September 2023
Visit our 2023 AGM page above, which will updated soon with minutes.
AGM - Monday 21st February 2022
Apply to Become a Director
Download, complete and return our Membership Application Form to register your interest.