Dorking Medical Practice
142A South St, Dorking RH4 2QR
The practice comprises a purpose-built surgery in Dorking town centre (New House Surgery), a dispensing surgery at the top of Box Hill (Hillside Surgery) and a dispensing surgery in the village of Westcott (Riverbank Surgery).
The practice was first established in the 1930’s and was based in The Old House, South Street. Dr Pip Young joined Dr Bale in 1981, swiftly followed by Dr Giles Guthrie in 1982 when Dr Ian Clarke retired. Dr Guthrie’s practice at Hillside Cottage, Boxhill (which he took over from his father) joined with The Old House and so New House Surgery was founded in 1984. When Dr Young retired in 2011, the practice became known as Dorking Medical Practice. In October 2018 Dorking Medical Practice merged with Dr Thomas Guilder’s practice in Westcott.